Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Princess and the Frog

I was totally surprised at how delightful this movie is. I had low expectations, I have to admit, but I'm very excited to see this kind of renaissance for Disney animation. The movie is a fairly simple formula, but executed incredibly well, and working on a few different levels. One thing I really loved is that the movie is a love letter to the city of New Orleans -- this is so thorough and loving, for a city that has had such hardship, that it almost felt like patriotic public service. There are several touches on the script and characters that felt like the influence of John Lasseter showing through. Anyway, I was very pleased at what a creative, fun, respectful film this was. Anyone who worked on it must be terribly proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment