Sunday, August 21, 2011
PIGLET: So, are you happy Eeyore?
EEYORE: No. But I sure do like this new tail.
There is a peculiar short at the start of the film which is a weird poem about the Loch Ness Monster. It was kind of derogatory to the Scots, and frankly, I could have done without it. But the movie itself was delightful. I'm sure that Randy would have enjoyed it. Knowing him, he most likely had some hand in it. My daughter had to ask, "So... was that a new or old movie?" which I think is compliment enough.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Sheesh! I wonder what is next?
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Sunday, August 7, 2011
I don't remember this, but Mum told everyone that one day, when we were playing, I got over-excited and I naughtily bit Picasso. Picasso turned around and bit me right back -- hard! Just before I started to yell, Mum heard Picasso say, in French, 'Gosh! That's the first Englishman I've ever bitten!'It is a wonderful book, with wonderful photos and stories.
Saturday, August 6, 2011
There is a ton of stuff that makes no sense in this episode... Susan has a psycho moment, and appears to lose control of herself, fighting urges to stab Ian with scissors; the Doctor drugs everyone for no reason, and later everyone is amused by that; every though time has stopped, time on the TARDIS is still going, and if they don't do something soon the TARDIS will be destroyed, etc. But... it was a super fun episode. We got to learn more about the characters, and we learn the most about the TARDIS. Apparently, it can think for itself, "machine thoughts" as the Doctor explains... but it just can't communicate very well. It clearly has a kind of safety system it will use to protect itself and it's inhabitants... this is definitely the first time the TARDIS is shown to have intelligence, something that is revisted many times in future episodes.
Quotes and Notes:
- Barbara is still wearing Thal pants!
- Ian listens to the Doctor's heartbeat... but doesn't notice his second heart. Heh -- maybe one of them stopped!
- "I can't take you back Susan... I can't!"
- The food machine doesn't work at the beginning of time... for some reason...
- Susan uses special ointment from the TARDIS first aid kit -- when the wound is healed, it turns white.
- Susan has a bed? Turns out Susan and Barbara are roommates.
- Susan's psycho scene was totally horrifying.
- "I must check the coordinates." <-- Why are the coordinates so far from the console?
- "I recognize that... That's where we nearly lost the TARDIS, four or five journeys back." "Yes, the planet Quinnis, of the fourth universe." <-- do they mean Galaxy 4?
- "Did I ever tell you that the ship has a memory bank, hmm?"
- It would appear William Hartnell forgot some lines for the melting clock scene... rendering it somewhat unintelligible.
- "One man's law is another man's crime."
- The ending of episode 1 was awesome.
- The danger signal? I guess this is the cloister bell?
- "We had time taken away from us, but now it's given back to us, because it's running out!"
- Interesting fact: The height of the column rise on the console tells how much power the TARDIS is using.
- "You know, I acquired that ulster from Gilbert and Sullivan." "Really? I thought it was made for two." :)
These old episodes are totally fun.