Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hello, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

My daughter and I just finished reading this, which I think is the second book in the series. We read the first a while ago, and it was a bit different. In the series, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle helps ineffective parents fix behavior problems in their children. In the first book, it isn't completely clear whether Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's cures are magic, or just placebos. In the second book, they are clearly magical. The stories this time are a bit longer, sometimes to the point of being a little boring. Betty Edwards is a serious grown up writer, though, and she does a good job of keeping things entertaining for both kids and adults. I love her names in particular... I think that "Harbin Quadrangle" might be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment