Monday, March 22, 2010

They Might Be Giants: Off the Wall

I've been going to TMBG live shows for, uh, let's see... 21 years now. (Yikes!) and this is the first time I've been to one of their kids shows. It was SO TOTALLY FUN! They had the amps set at a level that wasn't going to deafen anyone, and had earplugs in the lobby, just in case. They arranged a kind of kid mosh pit, which the kids loved, they picked great songs, they had funny puppets, they let the kids strum the guitar for one of the solos, and they made liberal and generous use of the CONFETTI CANNONS! Oh, man, overall, it was just a really good time -- nerd kids, and nerd parents alike had an awesome time at this sold out show. I have never seen so many nerd parents together in one place. Go Pittsburgh! I wonder how long John and John will keep it going? Forever, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment