Saturday, February 20, 2010

Jennifer Government

I started reading this at the suggestion of Drew Davidson, when I told him what I planned to talk about at DICE. And I fell in love with this book! It's about a future where captialism grows, and government recedes, and things go horribly wrong. I want to tell you about it, but it would spoil it! All I'll say is that it would make an excellent movie, but it's hard for me to see how to get past lawsuits from Nike and the NRA. It will take a bold studio to get it done -- I sure hope they do it -- it would be amazing! If I ever get a turn at SNIB, I might pick this -- after I pick Rudy Rucker's Software!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jesse, Loved your talk at DICE.

    Funny about Jennifer Government... there is an online game for it: http://www.nationstates.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've heard about the game -- I'll have to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete