Friday, June 18, 2010

Ipod Shuffle

Someone was kind enough to give me one of these as a gift. I'd never looked closely at one before -- I was blown away by it. It's no bigger than a stick of gum, and holds 4G of music. The interface is insanely simple -- one switch that set to either "off", "play" or "shuffle." Why you'd want anything but shuffle on this is hard to imagine, since the only navigating you can do is with the button on the special headphones. One click = pause, Two clicks = go to next song, Three clicks = last song. So, basically, it's great if you want a random selection of music, with no thinking. And it sounds great. Now, amazon reviews indicate that the special headphones don't stand up to sweat very well -- but, that hasn't been a problem for me.

I mean, I remember when the Sony Walkman was a huge innovation in the music experience. What will music players look like in ten years?

1 comment:

  1. Pandora plus an implant surgically installed. Like the cell phones in people's teeth that can only receive voice messages.

    ReplyDelete