- Inventor of the stereoscope
- The origin of "phantasmagoria"
- Edison being scared by a lion at the first theme park
- Abner Doubleday almost certainly didn't invent baseball
- Dice were added to chess, then taken away again
- Native Americans discovering isoprene
- The Game of Chess by Jacobus de Cessolis
- Cardano predating Pascal re: probability theory
- The existence of the Claude Glass.
In all, it was a pleasing book, that I'm glad I read. I always have too many books around, more than my shelves can handle, and it is not a pleasing thing on the psyche. I have a pipe dream that I'll have an entry in this blog every day. Who knows? Maybe I can do it!