No wonder the Daleks are so pissed all the time.
Quotes and Notes:
- Timelords eat.
- The TARDIS has a machine that makes food and water when the Doctor enters certain codes. The food is some kind of futuristic candy bar that can taste like anything.
- The Doctor sabotages the TARDIS, endangering everyone.
- "We need drugs." Really? Anti-radiation drugs are all you need to deal with severe radiation?
- Barbara falls for one of the Thals. It is peculiar how quickly she and Ian have adapted to this strange situation, and how little they seem interested in going home.
- There are "21 different holes" in the Tardis lock -- use the wrong one, and the lock fuses shut.
- Dilating Dalek eyes are cool.
- Radiation makes the Daleks stronger... they are just figuring this out now?
- Why is the Dalek city so complicated?
- "This is no time for morals."
- There are glowing lakes full of mutated creatures behind the Dalek city. Cool.
- That whirlpool was f'ing huge.
- Barbara does not have appropriate footwear for a death swamp.
- The Doctor's binocular glasses are the coolest.
- Barbara's bad knot tying skills almost kill her bf.
- The doctor discovers the Dalek city is powered by "Single Cable Static Electricity" and he plans to short out the city using the TARDIS key as a conductor. "I could always make another one."
- The Thals are terrible rock climbers.
- "No doubt you have other wars to fight."
- "I was once [a pioneer] among my own people."
- "Always search for truth. Mine is in the stars."
- "Maybe I'll visit your grandchildren."
I'm so glad I'm watching these early episodes -- they put a new light on everything.